I like to build products driven by AI research that is indistinguishable from magic. I have more than 15 years of AI experience and have worn many hats in the past:
- Entrepreneur in Residence at the Allen Institute of AI.
- VP of Research at the AI Foundation, where I managed research teams working on synthetic audio, video, and text generation for multimodal dialog.
- Founder and CEO of Joostware AI Research, where my team offered AI research consulting services to Fortune 500 companies and select well-capitalized startups. I also offer a technical due-diligence service in AI to investors in some of the reputed VC firms in the Valley, including Andreessen Horowitz and Bloomberg Beta.
- Author of a widely-used Deep Learning and NLP book using Pytorch, and author of many highly-cited papers in NLP and Speech.
- Research Scientist and Individual Contributor at places like Amazon (Alexa early team), Twitter, and Google.
- Founder of The Fake News Challenge, a non-profit initiative to bring more than 1000 hackers and AI researchers worldwide to work on fact-checking-related problems.
I am a hands-on technology leader passionate about bringing AI technologies for the benefit of humanity.